KEEN London is a registered charity that runs free weekly sports and recreation sessions for children (aged five and up) and young adults with learning, behavioural and physical disabilities. The weekly sessions, run by experienced session leaders. Participants can come as often or as seldom as they like, and all activities are completely free.
A team of 7 ICG consultants worked for 6 weeks and delivered a slide deck and written report to the client.
- Issues Identified:
- Researching the general trend of volunteering in the UK
- Developing strategies to retain existing volunteers and recruit more volunteers for organizational growth.
- Examining other methods to increase outreach
- ICG Recommendations:
- ICG determined that improving session experience is key to the retention of volunteers.
- ICG presented to the client methods to capitalize on volunteer motivation to recruit more volunteers.
- ICG presented possible new locations that could increase the client’s outreach based on impact, volunteer base and community amenities.
- After fully understanding volunteer behaviour, ICG developed a recommended recruitment and growth plan for the client.